A Traditional British Feast: The Pud
- 150 g of butter
- 50 g soft dark brown sugar
- 4 large ripe pears
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 175g self raising flour
- 203 tbs milk
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Grease and line an 18 cm round cake tin
- Cream together 50 g butter, 1 tsp cinnamon and the brown sugar and spread evenly over bottom of tin. Peel and half pears, arrange on this layer at bottom of tin.
- Cream together the remaining butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the beaten eggs, a little at a time beating well. Fold in the flour and the mixed spice and cinnamon, add the milk to give a smooth dropping consistency then spread the mixture on top of the pears.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for about 45 min.
- Turn out on to a warmed serving dish and serve with cream!
So to recap on our Traditional British Feast for four people:
Starter: Stilton Stuffed Mushrooms
Main: Steak & Ale Pie
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!