As part of our mission to find the world’s tastiest food we have arrived in Sweden to enjoy a Sea & Garden Menu. For our dessert we have Apple Crumble – serves four people…
- 5 apples
- 30 ml sugar
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 100 grams of butter
- 15 ml sugar
- 150 ml flour
- 150 ml oatmeal
Prep time: approx. 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (392°F).
- Peel the apples and cut out the cores. Slice apples into wedges about 5 mm thick and place them in a greased oven-proof dish. Pour about 2 tbs of water into the dish.
- Mix about 1 tbs of sugar with the half a tsp of cinnamon and sprinkle over the apples.
- Chop the butter (room temperature) into small pieces in a bowl and knead briefly together with flour, oatmeal and sugar into a grainy dough. The easiest way is with your hands.
- Spread the dough over the apples and bake the pie in the oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Serve with cream, ice cream or custard (or all three!)
Up next: We visit Belgium!
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!