Portuguese Sunday Lunch: Cabrito Assado (Main)
Our journey to find the tastiest food from around the globe leads us to Portugal for Sunday Lunch… For the main course we have Cabrito Assado – Roasted Kid (or Lamb) – serves four people…
- 3 kg average kid/lamb
- 125 g butter
- 100 g of bacon
- 4 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2 dl of white wine
- 1 tsp paprika
- 500 g of potato
- Salt & Pepper
Preparation time: 2 hours
- Wipe the kid/lamb and spread it with a mixture of two chopped onions, garlic and bacon, 50 g butter, paprika, a deciliter of white wine, salt and pepper.
- Make a bed with the remaining sliced onions in a baking dish and overlap the kid, a bunch of parsley and bay leaves and leave it to marinate.
- Add the remaining wine and potatoes cut into quarters and season.
- Spread the remaining butter in small nuts on the lamb and potatoes and roast it in the oven for one and a half to two hours, basting occasionally with the sauce.
- Serve with a Red Wine from the Douro Valley
Up next: Rabanadas…
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!