Portuguese Sunday Lunch: Shrimp (Starter)
Our journey to find the tastiest food from around the globe leads us to Portugal for Sunday Lunch… To start, we have Shrimp from the Coast (serves four people)
- 1kg of shrimp (from the coast…)
- Water (if possible from the sea)
- Salt and chilli (depending on taste)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Put the water in a pan (enough to cover the shrimps once they are added) season with salt and chilli and let it boil
- Once it starts to boil add the shrimps and cook for about 2 minutes – just enough time for the shrimps to change colour from grey to orange
- Remove the shrimps to a bowl, rinse them immediately with clean fresh water and put them in the freezer for 7-10 min to stay ‘tough’
- Remove them from the freezer and serve!
To drink: Portuguese beer (Super Bock or Sovina – both from Porto)
Up next: Cabrito Assado (Roasted kid lamb )
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!