Rosewater & Summer Berry Pavlova
We round up our trip Down Under with our Aussie Tucker Pudding: Rosewater and Summer Berry Pavlova (serves six)
- 225 ml egg whites (approx 6 eggs)
- 1.5 cups (330g) caster sugar
- 1.5 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbs rosewater
- 2 drops of red food colouring
- 600 ml single (pouring) cream, whipped
- 500 g mixed berries, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F)
- Place the egg whites in an electric mixer and whisk on high until stiff peaks form
- Add the sugar, 1tbs at a time, whisking for 30 sec before adding another tbs
- Once all the sugar has been added, whisk for a further 6 min or until the mixture is stiff and glossy
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula
- Add the the vinegar, rosewater and food colouring and whisk for a further 2 min or until glossy and combined
- Draw a 22 cm circle on a sheet of non-stick baking paper and place on a baking tray.
- Place large spoonfuls of the meringue mixture into the circle
- Reduce temperature to 120°C and bake for 1 h 30 min
- Turn the oven off and allow the pavlova to cool completely in the oven
- Top the pavlova with the whipped cream and summer berries
Serve with a nice dessert wine or a cuppa!
Up next… Mexico!
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!