Turkish Summer Menu: Karniyarik Eggplant stuffed with minced beef
Our journey to find the tastiest food from around the world leads us to Turkey for a Turkish Summer Menu. For the main we have Karniyarik Eggplant stuffed with minced beef – serves four people…
- 4 eggplants
- 300 g of minced beef
- 1 onion
- Tomato paste
- 1 tomato
- 6 green peppers
- Olive oil (to fry the eggplants)
- Black pepper
- Some parsley
Preparation time: Approx. 1 hour
- Peel the eggplants mottled and season. Chop the onion into small cubes. Add 2-3 spoons of oil into a pan.
- Add the minced beef to the pan and fry. Add the chopped onions. Let them cook a while then chop 2 of the green peppers and some parsley and add to the pan.
- Add the tomato paste and 4 tablespoons of water and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Put some olive oil into another pan and heat. Fry the eggplant.
- Now leave the eggplant on a paper towel to release the oil. Now place the fried eggplant into a tray and make a cut down the middle of each for the beef.
- Fill all the eggplants with the minced beef. Decorate the eggplants with the remaining peppers and tomato.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC.
- Add half a glass of water with two table-spoons of tomato paste to the tray and let the stuffed eggplants cook for around 30 minutes.
- Plate up with rice and decorate with chopped parsley.
Up next… Asure Noaha’s Pudding
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!