A taste of Italy: Wild Berry Tart
Our journey to find the tastiest food from around the globe continues now in Italy with our vegetarian menu… for the dessert, we have Wild Berry Tart (serves four people)
For the shortcrust pastry:
- 250 g plain flour
- 100 g icing sugar
- 150 g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- Vanilla essence
- 1 pinch of salt
For the pastry cream:
- 50 g plain flour
- 500 ml milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 150 g icing sugar
- Vanilla essence
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Wild berries to taste
- Put the butter and sugar into the mixer and when they have a creamy consistency, add the egg yolks and a few drops of vanilla essence, a pinch of salt and the sieved flour.
- Leave the dough to rest in the fridge for at least 1h.
- Put the milk, together with a few drops of vanilla essence and the zest of a lemon in a bowl and bring to the boil.
- Then turn off the heat, remove the lemon zest and leave to cool.
- Bring to the boil again and continue to stir for a few minutes until it has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Take the shortcrust pastry out of the fridge and roll it out to fit a baking tin which has been lined with greaseproof paper. Prick the surface with a fork to avoid any air bubbles.
- Heat the oven to 180 º C and when it is ready, bake for about 20 min.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Put on a plate and fill with the pastry cream, then spread with wild berries to taste.
- And to finish, a dusting of icing sugar!
To drink: Champers (brut)
Up next: Up to you guys…why not got our Facebook page and vote?
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!