A Starter from the USA: Shrimp Salad
Our journey to find the tastiest food from around the globe takes us to the United States….
This Shrimp Salad is the starter of a Fat Tuesday Feast and serves four people…enjoy!
- Red & Green baby lettuce
- Yellow bell pepper
- Boiled large shrimp
- Juice of one lemon freshly squeezed
- Half a cup of light olive oil
- 1 tbs of chopped italian parsley
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 0.5 tbs sugar
- Season to taste
- Rinse and dry lettuce
- Slice the bell pepper thinly
- Boil shrimp, let cool, peel and devein
- Salad dressing: combine all ingredients, whisk together and chill until service; taste and adjust seasoning
- Arrange the lettuce on the plate and place three shrimps per salad in a seashell
- Drizzle the salad dressing over all
- Garnish with the yellow pepper slivers
Up next in our Fat Tuesday feast is…Jambalaya
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!