Apricot Mousse from South Africa
Our journey to find the tastiest food from around the world has led us to sunny South Africa. For dessert we have the wonderfully simple Apricot Mousse – serves four people…
- 1 packet Italian ladyfinger biscuits
- 2 cans apricot halves in syrup
- 1 can condensed milk
- Whipped cream
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: approx. 2 hours
- Drain the apricots, place in a mixing bowl and purée
- Add the condensed milk and mix
- Break some of the biscuits into small pieces and place in the bottom of a glass serving bowl. Break more of the biscuits in half and line the outer edge of the bowl.
- (Alternatively, break the biscuits into smaller pieces and place in suitable glasses to make individual desserts – see pic!)
- Pour the apricot mixture over the biscuits.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to set
- Serve with whipped cream!
Up next: Turkey!
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!