Brussels waffles with chocolate sauce
As part of our mission to find the world’s tastiest food we have arrived in Belgium to enjoy a country with culinary traditions that go back to the middle ages… For dessert we have Brussels waffles with chocolate sauce – serves four people…
- 500 g flour
- 500 ml milk
- 5 eggs
- 300 g butter
- 35 ml lukewarm water
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 2 vanilla sticks
- 10 g granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Dark chocolate
- 25 cl cream
Preparation time: 30 – 40 min
- Mix the flour and eggs in a bowl until a smooth batter is obtained.
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water and mix thoroughly with the dough.
- Cut the vanilla sticks in half and scrape the pods out with a small knife.
- Add the vanilla, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Place a towel over the bowl and allow the dough to rise for 20 to 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Heat the waffle iron and bake the waffles.
- Heat the cream on a low flame.
- Add the chocolate and allow it to melt. Repeat until the desired thickness is obtained.
- Finish with a knob of butter.
Tip: Decorate with fresh strawberries…
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!