Canadian Maple Cookies Recipe
As part of our mission to find the tastiest food from around the globe we are in Canada for a three course lunch menu. We have definitely saved the best till last with this recipe for Maple Cookies – serves four people…
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it - let us know by leaving a comment below!
- Prep time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Tip: Wine recommendation: Ice wine...
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 0.5 tsp of salt
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350º F (175ºC).
2. Grease cookie sheets.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda. Stir into mixture.
4. Shape into 1 inch (2.5 cm) balls and roll in the sugar.
5. Place on the cookie sheets about 2 inches (5 cm) apart and flatten slightly.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes in the pre-heated oven.
7. Let cool on a wire rack.