Cold Avocado Mousse Recipe from South Africa
Our journey to find the tastiest food from around the world leads us to sunny South Africa. To start with we have Cold Avocado Mousse – serves four people…
- 2 cups mashed avocado
- 8 tbsp thick mayo
- Half an onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 125 ml smooth cottage cheese
- 1tbsp gelatin powder
- 120 ml boiling chicken stock
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Chill time: 4 hours
- Blend the mashed avocado, mayo, onion and lemon juice
- Fold in the cottage cheese
- Dissolve gelatine in boiling stock, then fold into the avocado mixture
- Spoon into small ramekins, salad mould, or bowl greased with spray oil
- Place in the fridge for about 4 hours until set
- Unmould onto a flat dish, decorate with seasonal herbs or surround with plumb, shelled prawns for an extra-luxurious touch!
Wine recommendation: Tukulu Chenin Blanc
Up next: Cape Malay Chicken Curry
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!