Deliciously Belgian: Shrimp Cocktail
As part of our mission to find the world’s tastiest food we have arrived in Belgium to enjoy a country with culinary traditions that go back to the middle ages… To start we have Shrimp Cocktail – serves four people…
- 1 kg grey shrimps
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 lettuce
- 4 dl of peanut oil
- 4 eggs
- Tepid Water
- Tomato Ketchup
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Prepare the cocktail sauce by mixing 2 eggs, 1 tsp of mustard, 1 tsp of vinegar and 2 tbs of lukewarm water with a hand mixer in a tall container.
- Carefully add the oil until mayonnaise is formed.
- Mix 8 tbs of fresh mayonnaise with 2 tbs of whisky and 2 tbs of tomato ketchup.
- Boil the eggs for 6-7 minutes and cover them in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Wash the lettuce and use the lettuce’s crispy heart.
- Dry the lettuce in a salad centrifuge and cut the eggs into quarters.
- Finely chop the salad leaves and cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Arrange the salad and tomato cubes in a deep dish or glass
- Sprinkle some shrimps and pour some fresh cocktail sauce over the salad.
- Finish with a slice of lemon, chervil, parsley and season to taste.
Up next: Pigs cheek stew
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!