Dutch Potpourri: Semolina pudding with plums & apricots
As part of our mission to find the world’s tastiest food we have arrived in Holland to enjoy a Dutch Potpourri… For dessert we have Semolina pudding with plums & apricots – serves four people…
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it - let us know by leaving a comment below!
- Prep time: 2 hours
- Serves: 4
- 1 litre Milk
- 100 g semolina
- 85 g sugar
- 150 g dried plums (seedless)
- 150 g dried apricots (seedless)
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 2 tbs water
- Pour boiling water over the dried plums and apricots and let them soak for at least 2 hours.
- Mix the semolina and 75 g of the sugar in a bowl. Bring the milk to boil and while stirring add the semolina/sugar mix.
- Let it boil for approx. 3 minutes and then pour it out in a very well cooled tin. Place the tin in the refrigerator until the mixture is firm and cold.
- Bring the plums and apricots to a boil using the water it was soaking in. Add the remaining 10 g of sugar.
- Just before serving turn over the semolina filled tin onto a large plate and decorate with the apricots, plums and sauce.
- Serve the remaining fruits and sauce separately in a bowl and let it reduce a little. Turn of the heat, put it in a bowl to cool.