Dutch Potpourri: Soup of garden peas with mint & cream
As part of our mission to find the world’s tastiest food we have arrived in Holland to enjoy a Dutch Potpourri… To start we have Soup of garden peas with mint & cream – serves four people…
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it - let us know by leaving a comment below!
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 750 ml broth (vegetable or garden herbs)
- 450 g of garden peas
- Fresh mint
- 4 tbs cream
Up next: Mishmash hutspot with hachee…
- Bring the broth to the boil and add the peas, cook till they are done.
- When the peas are well done add the mint, but not too much as once (you don’t want the mint flavour to dominate the taste of the peas!)
- Puree the peas in a blender.
- Carefully warm the soup and scoop into four soup bowls. Pour the cream on top, about one tbs per bowl.
- Finish with mint garnish!