Goi Cuon Fresh Spring Rolls & Peanut dip
The South East Asian leg of our journey to find the tastiest food from around the globe comes to an end with our final Vietnamese Delight… Goi Cuon Fresh spring rolls (for four people) and a peanut dip.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Please note: the dip has peanut as an ingredient!
- 300 g pork (loin or shoulder)
- 300 g shrimp
- 20 leafs of butter lettuce
- 20 leafs of mint
- 20 leafs of Thai basil
- 20 leafs of perilla
- 20 leafs of garlic chives
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 20 pcs rice paper
- 200 g fresh rice noodle
The peanut dip:
- 1 bottle of Hoisin sauce
- 1 jar of peanut butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can coconut milk
- 30 g roasted peanuts
- After washing the pork, boil it for around 10 minutes and then slice it thinly.
- The shrimps need to be boiled as well, then peeled and cut in half
- The garlic chives are then cut in half, only the bottom half is needed!
- Mash the garlic and crush the peanuts
- Heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil, stir in the mashed garlic until fragrant, add 50ml water and 50 ml of coconut milk, 50 ml hoisin sauce, 4 tbsp of peanut butter and stir until ingredients have dissolved.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and put the crushed peanuts on top.
Making the rolls:
- Quickly wet a piece of rice paper. Put:
- 1 leaf butter lettuce,
- 1 leaf mint,
- 1 leaf basil,
- 1 leaf perilla,
- Some bean sprouts and some noodles
- Fold the sides in, roll third from the bottom…
- Add some garlic chives,
- 2 slices of pork,
- 2 slices of shrimp
- Now continue rolling to the end
- Arrange the spring rolls on a plate and serve with the dip!
Up next: Italia (as voted by our Facebook fans!)
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!