Pan seared scallops wrapped in prosciutto
As part of our mission to find the world’s tastiest food we have arrived in New Zealand to enjoy some classic kiwi cuisine… To start we have Pan seared scallops wrapped in prosciutto - serves four people.
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it - let us know by leaving a comment below!
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Tip: Mix a generous amount of olive oil and balsamic in a small bowl for dipping!
Keep an eye on the scallops, they cook quickly and can fast become overcooked and chewy!
Wine recommendation: Sauvignon Blanc
- 24 fresh scallops
- 8 strips of proscuitto (or enough to wrap all the scallops)
- 4 cups of fresh watercress (or rocket lettuce)
- Knob of butter
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
Up next: Rosemary & Red Wine Lamb Cutlets…
- To the side of the plate add a cupful of watercress and drizzle over a small amount of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Wrap the scallops with the proscuitto. Season the scallops.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the scallops to the pan, when the scallops start to colour add the butter and swirl around in the pan – the butter will start to melt and brown.
- Turn the scallops over and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add scallops to the plate and serve