Sea & Garden Menu from Sweden
As part of our mission to find the world’s tastiest food we have arrived in Sweden to enjoy a Sea & Garden Menu. For our starter we have Crispy Potato Pancake with Fish Roe – serves four people…
- 200g fish roe from Bleak or Powan
- 3 raw potatoes. medium size
- 1 red onion
- Butter for frying
- Creme fraiche/ sour cream / smetana
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Peel and grate the raw potatoes. Press out with your hands most of the liquid from the grated potato, sprinkle with some salt.
- Chop the red onion fine & cut the lemon into wedges.
- Shape the grated potato into 4 “cakes” about 5mm thick. Fry them in butter on average heat until golden brown.
- Let the potato pancakes cool down slightly before serving them with fish roe, chopped onion, creme fraiche (or similar) and a wedge of lemon. Garnish with dill.
Tip: Peel the potatoes and place them in a bowl with cold water – grate and fry just before serving.
Up next: Cod with cheese & red beets
Wine Recommendation: Moet & Chandon 2008
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!