Stu’s recipes part 1: Muesli / Granola
Our lovely Stuart has decided to let the world know his secret recipe for this tasty breakfast (or anytime of day) treat
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it - let us know by leaving a comment below!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Tip: A tasty breakfast or a perfect snack any time of the day!
- 2 cups whole rolled oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup raw nuts of your own choice – (I buy the bags of broken nuts or DIY)
- 1/4 cup of sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried fruit (try to avoid dried fruit with added sugar)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of raw honey
- 2 tbsp Virgin coconut oil or other healthy oil ( I prefer coconut oil, read on to find out why)
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 150 C and line a large baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Here’s the fun bit – mix all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and then dig in with your hands to help combine everything together. Useful to note the coconut oil can be quite solid to start with, however it will soon start melting with the heat of your hands.
- Keep working through the mixture until you can’t find anymore lumps of coconut oil.
- Transfer to grease proof paper and pop in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy the aroma of the almond extract and the coconut oil
- Allow to cool, then break up and store in an airtight container ready for breakfast or any other time you see fit.