Stu’s recipes part 3: Garlic Chicken Curry
Our lovely Stuart is back with another winning recipe, his Garlic Chicken Curry. Very easy to make and tastes authentic, what more could you possibly want!!!
- Tip: Using plenty of garlic lowers cholesterol
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 10 cloves garlic – crushed
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 5 whole red chilies
- 150g sliced onions
- 30g fresh crushed ginger
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 450g of chicken breast or 500g chicken thighs
- 200g low fat yoghurt
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat the oil and then sauté the garam masala and the garlic
- Add chillies and onions and sauté until light brown, then add the ginger and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add 100ml water, tomato paste, lemon or lime juice and chicken then simmer. Add salt to season.
- Once chicken is cooked stir in the yoghurt and cook on low for 5 to 10 minutes then serve with rice or naan.
Very simple and very good.