Traditional Mexican Main: Chicken Tinga Tostadas
Our journey to find the tastiest food from around the globe continues in Mexico (as chosen by our Facebook fans) for a Traditional Mexican meal! Now for the main course… Chicken Tinga Tostadas – serves four.
Ingredients: (serves four)
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 3 chipotle chillies
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 shredded chicken breast
- 8 toasted tortillas
- Refried beans
- Sour cream
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Boil the 3 tomatoes and the 2 garlic cloves for 5 min. Blend until smooth
- Heat the oil in a large and deep pan over medium heat
- Once it is hot but not smoking, stir in the chopped onion and cook until soft and translucent, for about 5-6 min
- Add the tomatoes and the garlic from the blender and the chicken broth if it is too dry
- Put the chipotle chillies to taste
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 min.
- Add salt to taste
- Add the shredded chicken and mix well. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- To serve place two toasted tortillas on the serving plate; spoon on the refried beans, chicken tinga and a spoon of sour cream
Up next is our Traditional Mexican Dessert: Bananas with sour cream and cinnamon
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!