Traditionally Polish: Cheesecake
As part of our mission to find the world’s tastiest food we have arrived in Poland to enjoy a selection of traditional delicacies… For dessert we have Cheesecake – serves four people…
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it - let us know by leaving a comment below!
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 h 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for the Cheese mass:
- 1 kg minced fat creamy cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 creamy pudding
- 200 ml cream 30% fat
- 120 g powdered sugar
- Optional: Raisins/Orange Peel
Ingredients for the Crust:
- 100 g softened butter
- 100 g sugar
- 250 g wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Separate yolks from egg whites. Mix yolks, then while mixing add the cheese little by little until it is well combined. Next add creamy pudding (powder) and mix shortly. At the end add the raisins, orange peel and mix using a spoon if desired.
- Beat the cream stiff peaks and add 40 g of powdered sugar. Add it to the cheese mass and mix.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and add 80 g of powdered sugar. Carefully add egg whites to the cheese mass.
- Mix the butter with eggs and sugar until well combined. Mix the flour with baking powder and add little by little to the butter. Mix until it is well combined.
- Spread the dough into a round springform pan. Pour the cheese mass on it and place it in a heated oven for 1 h 15 minutes (150 °C)
- When it’s baked, let it cool completely, then pour the icing over the cake and sprinkle it with almond flakes.