Turkish Summer Menu: Asure Noaha’s Pudding
Our journey to find the tastiest food from around the world leads us to Turkey for a Turkish Summer Menu. For the dessert we have Asure Noaha’s Pudding – serves four people. Up next – Canada!
- 250 g of wheat
- 1/2 glass of dry beans
- 1/2 glass of chickpeas
- 500 g of granulated sugar
- 1 glass of dry apricots
- 1 glass of dry figs
- 1 glass of dry yellow grapes
- 1/2 glass of coconut
- 1 glass of walnuts
- 1/2 glass of milk
- 1 small glass of black small grapes
- 1 small glass of pinenuts
- 1 spoon full of cinnamon
- 1 grated orange zest
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 shelled pomegranate
- 2 spoons full of wheat starch
Preparation time: Approx. 1 hour
- Soak the wheat, dry beans and chickpeas in water the night before.
- Strain and wash all of them and cook them together in a water pressure cooker for around 20-25 minutes.
- Separate and then soak the dry apricots, figs, yellow grapes in hot water for around 20 minutes.
- Now chop the dry apricots and figs into cubes.
- Place the wheat, beans and chickpeas with the remaining water from the pressure cooker into a big casserole dish. Add the sugar, apricots, figs and grapes.
- Add the orange zest and chopped apples. Cook all the ingredients until they are mixed well and soft.
- Now put the Asure into dessert bowls and leave to cool.
- Once cool decorate all the bowls with cinnamon, coconut, walnuts, pinenuts, small black grapes & pomegranate grains.
Up next… Canada
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it – let us know by leaving a comment below!
For all of our tasty global treats please visit our Facebook page – and don’t forget to like!!!