Rosemary & Red Wine lamb cutlets
As part of our mission to find the world’s tastiest food we have arrived in New Zealand to enjoy some classic kiwi cuisine… For the main we have Rosemary & Red Wine lamb cutlets - serves four people.
If you have any tweaks, suggestions or you have tried the recipe and love it - let us know by leaving a comment below!
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 - 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Tip: Wine: Red
- 16 lamb cutlets
- Half a cup of golden syrup
- Half a cup of red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 4 medium sized kumara
- 8 baby carrots
- 2 cups of baby peas (minted peas optional)
- 1/4 cup of full cream
- 2 tbsp butter
Up next: Kiwi Pavlova…
Instructions: Potato & Kumara Stack
- Peal the potatoes & kumara, boil until soft.
- Separate the kumara from the potatoes, adding to each a tbs of butter and a 0.13 cup of cream, mash until creamy.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Using a stacking ring, greased with butter, add layers of potato & kumara, alternating layers of each.
Instructions: Peas & Carrots
- Boil water in a pan then add carrots, a few minute later ass the peas (either plain or minted)
- Drain then serve on a plate.
- Season with a know of butter, salt and black pepper.
Instructions: Lamb Cutlets
- Combine the golden syrup, tomato paste, oil, rosemary and garlic in a bowl.
- Add the cutlets to the marinade & allow to sit for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Remove the cutlets from the marinade and pan fry over a medium heat until cooked to your liking.
- Add to plate & season!